Hope Therapy is proud to partner with Maika Beech, a leading provider of professional training courses for healthcare and social care professionals. Together, we offer a comprehensive trauma training course designed to provide counseling professionals with the knowledge and skills needed to support clients who have experienced trauma. This training course can help professionals meet their continuing professional development (CPD) requirements and gain additional qualifications, while also improving their ability to provide effective trauma-informed care.
In this article, we’ll explore how this course can benefit counselling professionals and why it’s a valuable addition to any clinician’s training and skill set.
The trauma training course offered by Maika Beech is designed to equip professionals with the knowledge and skills needed to work with clients who have experienced trauma. The course is divided into modules that cover various aspects of trauma:
- Introduction to Trauma: This module provides an overview of trauma and its impact on individuals.
- Neurobiology of Trauma: This module covers the physiological and neurological changes that occur in the brain and body as a result of trauma.
- PTSD and Other Trauma-Related Disorders: This module covers the different types of trauma-related disorders, including PTSD, complex trauma, and acute stress disorder.
- Assessment and Diagnosis: This module provides an overview of the assessment and diagnostic process for trauma-related disorders.
- Evidence-Based Treatment Approaches: This module covers evidence-based treatment approaches for trauma-related disorders, including cognitive-behavioral therapy, eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR), and trauma-focused cognitive-behavioral therapy.
- Working with Children and Adolescents: This module covers techniques and interventions for working with children and adolescents who have experienced trauma.
- Working with Families: This module covers the impact of trauma on families and techniques for working with families to support their loved ones.
- Supporting Resilience and Post-Traumatic Growth: This module covers techniques and interventions to support resilience and post-traumatic growth in trauma survivors.
- Self-Care for the Trauma Professional: This module emphasizes the importance of self-care for professionals who work with trauma survivors and provides strategies for self-care.
- Ethical Considerations and Professional Practice: This module covers ethical considerations and best practices for professionals who work with trauma survivors.
Each module of the course is designed to build on the knowledge and skills gained in the previous modules. By the end of the course, professionals will have a comprehensive understanding of trauma and the tools and strategies needed to support trauma survivors effectively.
One of the key benefits of this training course is that it provides counseling professionals with a deeper understanding of trauma and its effects. Many professionals who work with trauma survivors may not fully understand the complexity of trauma and how it can impact different areas of a person’s life. By completing this training course, professionals can gain a better understanding of trauma and develop more effective strategies for working with clients who have experienced trauma.
Another benefit of the trauma training course is that it provides professionals with practical skills for working with trauma survivors. The course covers a range of techniques and interventions that can be used to support clients who have experienced trauma. These techniques include mindfulness, grounding exercises, and cognitive-behavioral therapy. By learning these techniques, professionals can better support their clients and help them develop coping mechanisms to manage their symptoms.
The trauma training course also emphasizes the importance of self-care for counseling professionals. Working with trauma survivors can be emotionally taxing, and it is essential that professionals take care of their own mental health and well-being. The course provides strategies for self-care and emphasizes the importance of seeking support when needed. By prioritizing self-care, professionals can better serve their clients and prevent burnout.
The trauma training course is also beneficial for counselling professionals who are interested in specializing in trauma therapy. Trauma therapy requires specialized knowledge and skills, and the course can provide professionals with the foundational knowledge they need to pursue this specialization. Additionally, completing the trauma training course can demonstrate to potential clients and employers that a professional has a deep understanding of trauma and is equipped to work with trauma survivors.
Learn more about the course including fees, location and how to book here: Training & CPD – Hope Therapy and Counselling Services (hopefulminds.co.uk)