What is CBT?
CBT, or Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, is a talking therapy. It has been proved to help treat a wide range of emotional and physical health conditions in adults, young people and children. CBT looks at how we think about a situation and how this affects the way we act. In turn, our actions can affect how we think and feel. The therapist and client work together in changing the client’s behaviours, or their thinking patterns, or both.
What can it help with?
The National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) recommends CBT in the treatment of the following conditions:
There is also good evidence that CBT is helpful in treating many other conditions, including:
- Chronic Fatigue
- Behavioural difficulties in children
- Anxiety disorders in children
- Chronic Pain
- Physical symptoms without a medical diagnosis
- Sleep difficulties
- Anger Management
Hope Therapy has a team of Therapists, so depending on what you are looking for support with we can help identify the most suitable person for you to work with.
“The average time to start working with clients is just 3 days.“
How is it delivered
The number of sessions you need depends on the difficulty you need help with. Your primary focus is on how you think and act now, instead of looking at and getting help with difficulties in your past.
What to expect during your sessions
During your sessions, your counsellor will discuss your specific difficulties and set goals for you to achieve. Your Therapist will help support your progress, by giving you ideas of how to practice and reinforce your learning between sessions.
The aim is to help you find ways of integrating your learnings so that you incorporate your new leanings into your life after your sessions have finished.
Superb CBT Support
Very helpful, Always had good resources sent after each session. Ali was approachable and easy to talk with
CBT for Anxiety
Alison, was really good, it took us a few attempts to get the initial meeting, but once we started, she made me feel at ease, she listened to everything I had to say and just really helped.
Very good, very understanding, listened to what I had to say and then assigned me to the appropriate counsellor.
- Exploring Effective Treatments for Post-Traumatic Stress DisorderPost-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is a debilitating mental health condition that can occur after experiencing or witnessing a traumatic event. It can significantly impact a person’s daily life, relationships, and overall well-being. However, it’s essential … Read more
- Navigating Narcissism: Understanding its Impact on Mental Health in Relationships and Seeking SupportNarcissism is a personality trait characterized by an exaggerated sense of self-importance, a lack of empathy, and a constant need for admiration and attention. In relationships, narcissism can have devastating effects on both the narcissist … Read more