When do people engage in Couples Counselling and Marriage Counselling?
It is common for people in long term relationships to experience periods of difficulty. This is true of even the most well-suited couples. There are many reasons why this may be the case, such as bereavement, financial challenges, infidelity or stress.
However, challenges can also arise without warning and for seemingly no apparent reason. This can be due to a wide variety of reasons.
Making a mutual decision to come to couples counselling/marriage counselling together, is a commitment to one another. As such, it is often the first step towards understanding each other’s needs. It is a commitment to finding better and more effective ways of communicating with each other. We offer a safe, non-judgmental environment to discuss your thoughts, feelings and needs.
What sort of things can we work on in Marriage Counselling?
It can be common that one or other partners may engage in a period of one to one therapy. This is always a discussion point and is something that we can facilitate for you. We have a team of experienced and fully qualified counsellors available.
Common issues discussed in couples work include:
- Communication issues.
- Intimacy and trust.
- Domestic Violence and Abuse
- Pre-marital concerns and expectations.
- Loss of libido.
- Sexual Dysfunction e.g. Erectile Dysfunction, Vaginismus.
It is important to recognise that we are all individuals and will therefore all have different needs. Whatever your need just get in touch.
Sexual Diversity in Marriage Counselling.
We are entirely able to work with all types of sexual diversities. This may include Heterosexuals, Bisexuals, Gay, Lesbian, Transgender and other sexual diversities.
We offer both one to one, family and marriage counselling / couples counselling depending upon your needs. SImply get in touch to find out more.
To view the varied types of counselling & therapy that we are able to offer.
For further information we recommend you read the following:
- Anger Seldom Chooses its Victim
- Family Therapy What it is and How it Works
- Sex War and Peace in Relationships
- What Happens During Couples Counselling
- Depression and Low Libido
- Online Counsellors: Your Convenient Gateway to Mental WellnessOnline Counsellors: Your Convenient Gateway to Mental Wellness Online Counsellors for mental health: In today’s fast-paced and interconnected world, our lives are increasingly shaped by technology. From shopping to education, communication to entertainment, the digital … Read more
- The Rise of Virtual Support: Unveiling the World of Online CounsellorsIn recent years, there has been a significant shift in the way people seek and receive support for their mental and emotional wellbeing. With the advent of technology and the increasing accessibility of the internet, … Read more