Counsellors in Training
Looking for a supportive and collaborative counselling placement where you are valued and helped to grow?
If you are a trainee counsellor, then we’d love to hear from you.
What we offer from a counselling placement
- You can see from 2-6 clients per week dependent on your individual circumstances
- We provide monthly supervision for a reduced rate of just £35 per month
- Varied clients.
- All clients are assessed by a qualified counsellor, and you can conduct your own assessment in the first session
- Clients and trainee counsellors are matched, based on suitability, experience, and availability
- Additional CPD opportunities are offered.
- At present all client sessions are held online to ensure client and counsellor safety. You may need to check with your training centre or exam body that this meets their requirements. If face to face clients are required, this may need to be viewed as a second placement.
What we will expect from you
- Complete an application form
- Have an informal interview
- Be in weekly therapy or have access to a counsellor to support your training and placement.
- Hold membership with a recognised counselling body e.g. BACP, UKCP, NCS or BABCP
- Be signed off by your training centre as ‘fit to practice’
- Participate fully in Supervision
- Be willing to commit to a minimum of 1 year
What have previous counselling trainees said?
“I have found that Hope has shown me how an efficient practice works, to abide by ethical and legal standards and to follow procedures”
“My supervisor was efficient, knowledgable and patient. I have learnt so much from supervision with her and rate her highly”
“Management support has been efficient, encouraging, supportive and always available for my questions. I have felt encouraged and valued throughout my placement. Clients have been referred to me quickly and has made sure that they are within my proficiency”
“I felt extremely supported and always knew that support was available when I needed it. I felt Hope was open to all questions and needs that I had, however large or small”
“I thoroughly enjoyed my placement and feel that I have had an incredible experience”
If you feel that this is the right counselling placement for you, please send an email expressing interest to firstname.lastname@example.org