Comprehensive MBCT Course for Mindfulness
Mindfulness is a way of paying attention: focussed, with purpose, staying in the present moment and withholding all judgment.
The benefits that can come from this practice include:
- Recognising, slowing down or stopping automatic and habitual reactions,
- Responding more effectively to complex or difficult situations,
- Seeing situations more clearly,
- Becoming more creative,
- Achieving balance and resilience at work and at home.
Mindfulness helps us to focus and see clearly whatever is going on in our lives at any given point. It will not eliminate the pressures that we encounter in life but can help us react in a calmer manner that can benefit us holistically. It helps us recognise regular and repeated patterns of thinking, often unconscious and make conscious decisions to change them.
What can it help with?
There have been numerous research papers and projects since the 1970’s, supporting the practice of mindfulness. It provides us with an evidence-based practice that helps give clarity of mind and understanding.
Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) is endorsed by NICE for Depression sufferers and is also widely used in treating Stress and Anxiety.
We also run weekly drop-in groups, where we blend mindfulness teachings with practice. Regular areas of focus include fear, anxiety, self-compassion and much more.
How Mindfulness is delivered
We run twice-weekly groups, that you are very welcome to join. During this, you will be given the opportunity to practice mindfulness, led by an experienced teacher.
If you would like to join a more structured group, then maybe the 8-week Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) group would be for you.
The 8 Week MBCT Programme, blends the ancient wisdom of Mindfulness with the evidence base of CBT. Sessions are taught within a group setting and are currently offered via Zoom.
You will be shown a succession of practices, along with Cognitive Therapy tools that can readily be applied to many everyday situations.
If you are looking for an evidence-based, daily practice that can be used to bring clarity and focus to your life then this could well be for you.
What to expect during your Mindfulness sessions
There is no need for any Mindfulness experience, as the emphasis is on progress rather than reaching any particular point quickly.
This programme has a strong experiential emphasis, with home practice guidance and review opportunities incorporated into every session.
The Mindfulness Based Self Compassion Programme is proving to be an emotional journey for me, much more than I ever imagined it would be, but being able to openly look at and discuss these emotions means that I am learning so much from Ian and from the other members of the group. I take great comfort from that.
Great Mindfulness Programme
This programme was more relevant to me than I actually realised. Leaning to show myself compassion hasn’t been easy, but this course has started me on a journey, one that I intend to continue. It was wonderful listening to others on a similar journey to me.
Wonderful Mindfulness Course
The contents of the MBSC programme are extremely relevant, and testament to the depth of research that its based on. It has helped me a great deal as a result, and I would recommend this course to anyone looking to improve their mental health in this way.
- Exploring Effective Treatments for Post-Traumatic Stress DisorderPost-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is a debilitating mental health condition that can occur after experiencing or witnessing a traumatic event. It can significantly impact a person’s daily life, relationships, and overall well-being. However, it’s essential … Read more
- Navigating Narcissism: Understanding its Impact on Mental Health in Relationships and Seeking SupportNarcissism is a personality trait characterized by an exaggerated sense of self-importance, a lack of empathy, and a constant need for admiration and attention. In relationships, narcissism can have devastating effects on both the narcissist … Read more
Read more about how MBCT works and the evidence behind it, in our blog post:
- Online Counsellors: Your Convenient Gateway to Mental WellnessOnline Counsellors: Your Convenient Gateway to Mental Wellness Online Counsellors for mental health: In today’s fast-paced and interconnected world, our lives are increasingly shaped by technology. From shopping to education, communication to entertainment, the digital … Read more
- The Rise of Virtual Support: Unveiling the World of Online CounsellorsIn recent years, there has been a significant shift in the way people seek and receive support for their mental and emotional wellbeing. With the advent of technology and the increasing accessibility of the internet, … Read more