What is stress?
Stress is a common experience for many people, and it can have a significant impact on our mental and physical health. It can lead to feelings of anxiety, depression, and burnout, and it can also cause physical symptoms such as headaches, stomach problems, and sleep disturbances.
At Hope Therapy, we understand the toll that stress can take on your life. Stress can manifest in a variety of physical, emotional, and behavioural symptoms.
- Physical symptoms:
- Muscle tension or pain
- Sleep disturbances
- Stomach problems
- Changes in appetite
- Rapid heartbeat
- Emotional symptoms:
- Irritability or moodiness
- Lack of motivation
- Feeling overwhelmed or out of control
- Low self-esteem
- Difficulty concentrating
- Behavioural symptoms:
- Increased use of drugs or alcohol
- Procrastination or neglecting responsibilities
- Social withdrawal
- Changes in eating or sleeping habits
- Avoidance of activities that used to be enjoyable
- Nervous habits, such as nail-biting or fidgeting
We offer a range of services to help support and treat stress, including:
Counselling: Our qualified counsellors can provide a safe and confidential space for you to explore your feelings and experiences of stress. Through talking therapy, we can help you identify the root causes of your stress and develop coping strategies to manage it.
Mindfulness: Mindfulness is a practice that involves being present and fully engaged in the moment. It can help you to reduce stress and anxiety, improve focus and concentration, and enhance overall well-being. At Hope Therapy, we offer mindfulness-based stress reduction courses and individual mindfulness sessions.
CBT: Cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT) is a type of therapy that focuses on changing negative patterns of thought and behaviour. It can help you to develop more positive and helpful ways of thinking, which can reduce feelings of stress and anxiety.
Our approach to stress treatment is personalised and tailored to your individual needs. We understand that stress can manifest in different ways for different people, and we work with you to develop a treatment plan that is right for you.
At Hope Therapy, we are committed to providing you with the support and resources you need to manage stress and improve your overall well-being.
Hope Therapy is here to help.
Hope Therapy’s fully qualified and experienced team of Counsellors and Cognitive Behavioural Therapists, offer UK wide Psychological and Emotional support to Anxiety sufferers via Zoom and Skype.
We can help you to develop positive skills, interventions and insights to support your stress, along with exploring underlying issues that can either contribute to your stress or result from it.
- Identifying triggers.
- Effective Skills and interventions. Supporting your psychological needs and wellbeing.
- Fawn: The Stress ResponseIn the face of overwhelming stress and trauma, our minds and bodies have developed various adaptive responses to ensure survival. One such response is the “fawn” response, where individuals tend to prioritise the needs and … Read more
- Exam Stress: Coping Strategies for StudentsExams are an inevitable part of academic life, and for students, they can cause a lot of stress and anxiety. Whether you’re studying for GCSEs or A-levels, there’s no avoiding the pressure that comes with … Read more
- Balancing the Scales: Internal vs External Stressors and Their Effect on Mental HealthStress is an inevitable part of life, and it can come from a variety of sources, both internal and external. Internal stressors are related to our thoughts, feelings, and perceptions, while external stressors are related … Read more