What is Employment Mediation?
Work-based conflict is common and can happen in almost any workplace. Employment meditation can offer an invaluable solution to work-based conflict.
Unresolved disputes can escalate, leading to disciplinary and grievance cases, increasing attrition levels, employee disharmony and loss of productivity. All of which can be costly to the employer and cause lower levels of employee satisfaction for staff. However, there is an alternative.
We offer a professional, fair, confidential mediation service that can support you in addressing issues amicably at the lowest possible cost.
- Mediation gives both sides a voice in the discussion; ultimately, the parties, not the mediator, agree on any outcome. The role of the mediator is to facilitate discussion in an impartial and outcome-focused way.
- With the average grievance hearing costing between £15 – £20K, mediation can often save you both time and money.
- We offer a fully confidential mediation service.
- Mediation can be seen by both parties as being a legitimate sign of best intentions. Often in disciplinary or grievance issues, an underlying sense of ill will and mistrust can endure even if the matter is resolved. Mediation can often achieve a low-cost win, win solution for everyone.
We offer you a professional, quality-driven, outcome-focused solution.
Benefits of Employment Mediation
For the Individual
- Fair and unbiased.
- Reduce the stress of grievance or going to court.
For the Organisation
- It can save time and money.
- Can foster cooperation.
- It can reduce the likelihood of litigation costs.
- It can help you to better understand workplace issues.
Our founder, Ian Stockbridge, worked for 25 years in various Senior Management and Directorial positions, ranging from medium size to large FT-100 organisations. Holding Fellowships in various professional disciplines gave him invaluable insight into businesses’ daily professional needs. It was experiencing first-hand the challenge of balancing the real-world difficulties faced by both employer and employee that inspired him to retrain as a counsellor, therapist & Coach himself. Shortly afterwards ‘Hope Therapy & Counselling Services’ were born.
- Understanding the Transformative Power of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) at Hope TherapyCognitive Behavioural Therapy benefits: Let’s explore how CBT can be a transformative force in addressing various aspects of life: 1. Relationships: Fostering Understanding and Connection CBT plays a crucial role in relationship counselling at Hope … Read more
- The Talk Room: Episode 17 – Navigating Mental Health and Relationships – A Compassionate Exploration of Connection and Well-BeingIn our continued exploration of “The Talk Room,” a mental health podcast series dedicated to counselling, therapy, and mental well-being, we have now arrived at Episode 17. This episode delves into the intricate interplay between … Read more
- Navigating the Spectrum: Understanding Autism and Asperger’s in AdultsAutism and Asperger’s in Adults: Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is a broad term encompassing a range of neurodevelopmental conditions characterized by challenges in social interaction, communication, and repetitive behaviors. Within this spectrum, Asperger’s Syndrome was … Read more