Location Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire
– Amersham (18 Minutes)
– Chesham (21 Minutes)
– Chorley Wood (8 Minutes)
– Hatfield (29 Minutes)
– Hemel Hempstead (19 Minutes)
– St Albans (24 Minutes)
– Watford (14 Minutes)
- Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling with additional specialist training.
- Specialises in working with Adults, Young Adults, Young People and Children.
- Presentational specialisms: Anger Management, Domestic Violence, Addiction, Weight Loss, Relationships, Anxiety, Depression, Trauma, ADHD and Autism (ASD).
- Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Face to Face, Skype, Telephone, Online Counselling, Therapy and Coaching.
Helen is a qualified, highly competent and very sought-after Counsellor, who has gained experience in various professional settings alongside having her own private practice. She has significant experience of working with adults, young adults, young people and children.
As well as being qualified, Helen is NSPCC trained in Child protection and is appropriately DBS certificated. She is also a member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) and attends regular workshops and training to inform and supplement her on-going practice.
Helen is a certified Suicide Counsellor and Trainer and has worked with diverse presenting issues including suicide and suicidal feelings, eating disorders (bulimia and anorexia), self-harm, domestic violence, anger management, voice hearers and diagnosed mental health issues including anxiety, depression, OCD and border personality disorder.
She also has experience of working collaboratively with other mental health professionals, supporting people of all ages when working with a variety of complex presentations including such things as ADHD, ADD, ASD, dyslexia as well as other learning and developmental difficulties. Physical, Sexual and Emotional abuse, as well as Bereavement, Loss and Perfectionism, have also featured in her caseload as has Bullying, Stress, Relationship and Job and Career based challenges.
Helen is experienced at supporting people to achieve a variety of addiction-related goals, including alcohol and food addiction. She is also able to support you achieve a variety of goals around healthier food habits including weight loss or maintaining a healthier eating regime.
Having received specialist training in Anger, Stress Management and Domestic Violence, these are areas of particular focus for Helen.
Helen’s training can help you by identifying ‘blocks’, allowing you to focus on the solutions that allow you to achieve your goals and increase your well being and happiness: she feels a counselling relationship can give people of all ages the confidence to thrive.
She is passionate about allowing people a voice whilst offering them autonomy and empathy within the safety of a therapeutic relationship. She believes this ethos is particularly important within her modality of a person-centred approach as it allows the individual to focus on realising and reaching their full potential.
Her approach is that sessions should progress at a pace the client feels comfortable with.
Helen is highly experienced and sought after, offering:
Face to Face, Skype, Telephone and Online Counselling, Therapy and Coaching.
Types of Sessions
- Zoom & Skype
Types of Client
- Young People
- Older People
- Employee Assistance Programmes
- British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP)
Therapeutic Approach & Training
- Diploma – Person Centred Counselling (L4)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Suicide Counsellor & Trainer
- Trained in the Freedom Programme
Areas of Counselling I offer.
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Anger Management
- Behaviour Problems
- Career Counselling
- Carer Support
- Constraints at work
- Domestic Violence
- Emotional Abuse
- Feeling Sad
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Health Anxiety
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Phobias (Specific)
- Social Phobia
- Physical abuse
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Weight problems (not Eating Disorders)
- Work-related stress
Hope Therapy & Counselling Services
148 The High Street, Rickmansworth WD3 1DA